Wednesday 13 February 2008

Spain, Feb 2008

This was ostensibly a work trip, but was fortunate to have a weekend involved to have a look around the cities. I was based in Tarragona, a beautiful town on the East coast of Spain. The season is Winter-Spring, so the temperature was still a bit brisk at around 8-10 degrees. Plenty of sunshine though, I had only a sprinkle of rain over the 5 days I was there.
On the Saturday I drove from the airport in Barcelona to Valls in the countryside, mainly to see our client. While there I headed up the local hills to Miramar, a tiny village set high on a ridge with only a single paper road access. I headed on further over the local pass to Montblanc, then headed out to the coast at Tarragona.

On the Sunday I drove up to Barcelona. On the way I spotted a Kart track at Vendrell. They were having a race meeting, so I watched from the viewing platform for a bit. For thrills and spills, see my facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=21355915575

Once in Barcelona I parked up in the middle of the city and walked around the sights including Les Rambles, La Sagrada Familia Cathedral and Parc Guell. There were plenty of people about, but certainly nothing like the crowds in Summer I'm told. The Cathedral was pretty impressive, but the higlight of what I saw in the day was Parc Guell. There are so many wonderfully unusual things here, mostly created by the legendary Antonio Gaudi.
Back in Tarragona I had opportunities to walk along the beach, see the coastline and try some new cuisine - swordfish among others!

I have posted photos at
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=91929&l=02320&id=882525575

No comments: